To practice positive anal play with fingers, toys, or a penis, there are several steps to follow. By taking the time to understand how to participate in anal sex that is pleasurable, these five measures need to be considered:
- Relaxtion: The anus is not as responsive as the vagina. Since muscle spasms can occur, it is important to be relaxed when engaging the anus. Taking a hot bath or getting an erotic massage can help. Massaging the area around the anus is a good place to start. Once the body is relaxed, toys can be used.
- Lubrication: The anus does not produce its own lubrication, even when a woman is at the height of her pleasure. Using lubricant is essential to practicing anal sex. Apply lubricant liberally beforehand.
- Timing: Make sure you have plenty of time when you are engaging in anal play. the body may take a while to relax. Communication between partners about expectations is very important. Only use toys when the tip is well lubricated. By monitoring the receiving partner's responses, it will be easy to gauge their level of comfort and pleasure.
- Cleanliness: The rectum only stores feces prior to a bowel movement, however
small amounts may remain in the rectum afterwards. Anal douching before a partner uses their hand is certainly an option. The best method of keeping toys
clean is to use a condom and to clean the toy thoroughly afterwards. Wash several times with soap and water, then air dry and store.
- Safe sex: Use condoms and lubricant. Never apply force when using toys. Do
not share toys with partners.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Becoming Daring-Part Deux
In this post we'll continue our discussion of "backdoor" play - one of the most frequently addressed topics we find our visitors are interested in. And once again, I'm going to borrow from the nicely condensed pamphlet we received from our friends at O'My. If you are interested in learing more than we can safely cover in this here l'il blog, we recommend:
Tristan Taormino's The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women or Tristan Taormino's Expert Guide to Anal Sex (DVD).