To lube or not to lube...a frequent question from many of our customers...followed by a range of questions trying to determine which lube will fill all your slippery requirements.
There's a lot of great information out there about properly lubricating, and since it is one of the foundations of great sex, here are a few thoughts to help guide you through your choices.
First, even if you are a woman who easily lubricates when aroused, your body and the environment will conspire against you at some point.
- Have you ever noticed that a few cocktails leave you a little less moist?
- Or that your allergy meds did a great job drying up your sinus membranes, and then did some work on all your other mucous membranes as well?
- How about pregnancy and menopause? They're just normal parts of life that can also effect your self-lubrication. There's no need to accept that as "just the way it is."
- Enjoy anal sex? Don't even think about playing back there without lube.
- Just hoping to create a different sensation?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then you owe it to yourself to invest in a good lube!
BE currently carries three different lubricants. Here's how they break down:
- PINK (silicone based)- The advantage to silicone based lubes is that they last forever and you really only need a few drops to achieve your desired results. Sure, they cost a little more per bottle than some of the brands you're used to seeing at your local drugstore, but they last forever!
Bonus points! Silicone lubes are thicker than water-based or non-glycerin water-based lubes which means they're a good choice for anal play! And they can be used for all your underwater adventures! Downside? Since they are waterproof they're a bit harder to clean from fabric, but easily rinse off of body parts.
- System JO H20 Personal Lubricant for Women - There is 0% oil, wax, or silicone in this lube. It feels lighter than the more gloppy, thicker lubes you may have tried. As with PINK, you may pay a little more for this terrific lube than you might for something in a messy tube you've seen at the drugstore, but just like spending a little extra on shampoo - if you try a more premium lube and we think you'll be glad you did. Bonus points! If you're prone to yeast infections this is a safe bet!
- O'My Flavored Lubricant - Give yourself a little taste treat. Flavored lubes used to taste medicinal if not absolutely chemical. Some still do! But this line is really appealing if you're just looking to add some fun into the mix. Sort of like adding candy to your already sweet oral pleasure.
Bonus points! No sugar in these if you're concerned with keeping your sugar intake to a minimum.
As always, we want to hear from you. Please let us know if there are specific brands you're interested in purchasing from BE. We'll be happy to get you exactly what you need, and add it to our mix. And of course feel free to post or email with any questions or comments you have about your adventures in lube! Find all of the above in BE Prepared at BoudoirEssentials.com